Back to School Information
HMS HORNET NIGHTS (Back to School Nights)
Hornet Nights are where parents and students visit HMS to receive pertinent information, homeroom assignments, and lockers just before our first day of school.
Each grade level has a designated night to alleviate parking issues and to accommodate our ever growing population.
At each Hornet Night students and parents will meet in the gym for an assembly with Dr. Finch and each grade level team of teachers. At the conclusion of that assembly, parents will be directed to the appropriate homeroom to meet their child’s homeroom teacher and be assigned a locker.
PTO will have spirit wear available for purchase, will hand out pre-ordered supply packs, and will collect memberships for our 2017-2018 PTO!
We hope you will join us on your assigned night!
- Rising 6th Grade Hornet Night – Friday, August 4th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Rising 7th Grade Hornet Night – Monday, August 7th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Rising 8th Grade Hornet Night – Tuesday, August 8th, 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Click the link below to view and print the list.
- HMS 6th Grade Girl School Supplies
- HMS 6th Grade Boy School Supplies
- HMS 7th Grade School Supplies
- HMS 8th Grade School Supplies
- HMS 8th Grade Foreign Language Supplies
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
The first day of the 2017-18 school year is Thursday, August 10th. Unlike in past years, this will be a FULL DAY of school.
NEW START AND END TIMES
This year, most schools in the WCS school district have new start and end times. The new times for HMS are below:
- Regular Start Time: 7:40am
- Power Monday Start Time: 8:25am
- Regular Dismissal Time: 2:47pm
- Half Day* Dismissal Time: 11:15am
View and print the district calendar for all 2017-18 district-wide dates.