It Would ‘BE NICE’ If You Joined the PTO
The Heritage Middle PTO offers an invaluable link between students, school staff, teachers and families, but without you and your support it would not be possible for the PTO to continue to sponsor events and provide much needed contributions to our school. Membership is only $20 per family.
Join Via a Paper Form
Invest in Heritage Payment
Why Join the Heritage Middle PTO?
The number one reason to join the Heritage Middle School Parent Teacher Organization is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages to being a PTO member:
- PTO offers parents the opportunity to make positive changes in the school.
- PTO distributes information on a regular basis via newsletters, e-mails, Facebook and a website so that members can be informed of and respond to school issues and activities in a timely manner.
- Joining the PTO shows an interest in your child’s education and school activities, shows greater support for his/her teachers and school, and improves the relationship between parents and school personnel.
- PTO can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
How Involved Do I Have To Be?
You decide how involved you want to be.
We understand that people have very busy schedules and that time is precious. Therefore, we appreciate any time you can spare. Volunteers are always needed to chair committees and work events, but if you can’t find the time we just appreciate your membership. We only ask that you join, receive email updates, and check out our website.
What is included with membership?
- Access to the 2017-2018 Heritage Middle student/family online directory.
- The ability to vote on PTO topics.
- PTO Newsletters and emails keeping you up-to-date on all important news and events at HMS.
What does the Heritage Middle PTO actually do?
With your help and membership, over the past few years our HMS PTO has provided the following for our school:
- Purchased Multiple COWs (“Computer on Wheels” Portable Classroom Laptop Set)
- Purchased Mice for Laptops
- Landscaped and Supplied Funds for Bushes and Flowers
- Supplemental Pay for Coaches
- Hosted Many School Dances and Fun Events
- Organized Volunteers for the Office and Copy Room
- Managed the Concession Stand
- Supplied School With Funds for Coffee and Water for Teachers All Year
- Purchased Benches for the Football Field
- Purchased Document Readers
- Purchased Music Stands for the HMS Orchestra
- Purchased Supplies to Host HMS Athletic Banquets
- Contributed to Athletics and Fine Arts Departments
- Monthly Teachers’ Birthday Recognition
- Teachers’ Luncheons and Breakfasts
- Teacher Appreciation Week Gifts and Meals
- Teachers’ Morale Fund
- Furnished Supplies for School Nurse
- Purchased BE NICE T-Shirts for All Students, Faculty, Staff, Bus Drivers and Cafeteria Employees
- Hosted BE NICE BASH – Huge School/Community Event for Anti-Bully Campaign
- Hosted Yearly DODGE FOR COWS Dodgeball Tournament – School/Community Event
- Decorations for Holidays
- Designed and Sold Spirit Wear
- Painted School Foyer and Decorated with Benches and Artwork
- Painted Computer Classroom
- Painted Letters for the Hallways
- Purchased Outdoor Football Field Speakers
- Contributed to the purchase of Commercial Club Cadet Mower
- Hornet Mascot Costume
- 10 ELMOS for Computer Lab
- Remodeled/Updated and Furnished Teacher’s Lounge
Remember that the PTO helps our kids and improves our school. With your continued support, the PTO can provide Heritage students with wonderful programs this year and every year.
We can’t do it without you. Thank you for your support!